Saturday, October 12, 2013

The REAL 500 Best Albums Of All Time (No Argument) Part 6 - 8 of 100

Here's 15 albums that I agree 100% with Rolling Stone that should be on the Top 500 Albums Of All Time!

Buffalo Springfield - Again

Bob Marley and the Wailers - Natty Dread

Sly and the Family Stone - Stand

Cream - Fresh Cream

The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Are You Experienced

The Doors

The Band

The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed

Bob Dylan - Bringing It All Back Home

The WHO - Sings My Generation

The Pretenders

Steely Dan - Aja

Otis Redding - The Dock of the Bay

The Velvet Underground and Nico

Nirvana - Unplugged in NewYork


2 comments:

  1. I had a roommate who thought Aja was the best album of all time. Let's just say I don't.

    I recently sold my Decca The Who Sings My Generation for $15. Way under-priced, but the guy bought about 200 albums from me, so I was feeling generous.

    VU and Nico is probably my least favorite of the VU catalog.

    Love The Doors and Otis Redding and almost anything they did should be on the list. Love the Stones also, up to a point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RH,
    I always thought Aja was a good album, but it wasn't until I recently saw Steely Dan 'live' that I realized how great a record it really is. The title song Aja performed 'live' was incredibly powerful, so much more than the studio cut! Play it really loud, and you might be surprised how good it really is. Fnny, I just sold a copy of The Who Sell Out, and I didn't get much for it either. I love The Doors but the first two LPs were the best, I still get goosebumps when I hear Otis Redding sing "Try A Little Tenderness!" I went with the first VU LP cause it was the first one I ever heard, and I did like Nico too! I also love The Stones to a point, at least half their catalog is killer, but I lot of the later stuff I could do without!

    ReplyDelete