Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The REAL 500 Best Albums Of All TIme (In My Humble Opinion) Part 5 of 100 (Give Me A Break!)

 The 1967 album "Boogie With Canned Heat" somehow didn't make it on the Rolling Stone top 500 despite having timeless classics like "On The Road Again," "Amphetamine Annie," and "An Owl Song" on it! Jeez, Buzz for me Henry! 

 This 1967 LP by Country Joe & The Fish titled "Electric Music For The Mind and Body" might be THE most psychedelic album ever made, but somehow didn't manage to make Rolling Stone's list! Unimaginable!

 This 1966 LP called "The Emancipation Of Hugh Masekela was unlike any music ever produced before, and the vocal  tunes "What Is Wrong With Groovin'?" and "Why Are You Blowing My Mind" are standouts among a field of instrumental African Jazz Funk classics! Was it on Rolling Stone's list? Hell No! Thanks to my buddy Rene' for turning me on to it back in the day!

 Here's one that really girds my grid! Not only have they never elected Link Wray into The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but this mondo classic 1971 LP by him is all but totally ignored! Link Wray is, was, and will always be, THE MAN, and this album totally reflects his greatness!!

Yep, believe it not, the first Seeds album isn't on Rolling Stone's list either. This 1966 record included the memorable "Pushin' Too Hard" and other awesome tunes like "No Escape," "Try To Understand," and "Nobody Spoil My Fun" that still stand original to this day! Unbelievable!!

2 comments:

  1. The Seeds and Country Joe are certainly oversights. I love that Country Joe album! Link Wray is overlooked in general, which is a crime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RH,
      I'm pretty sure our taste in music is pretty similar without a doubt and indeed Link Wray being overlooked is a crime! I was so happy to see him 'live' a few months before he passed away! Unlike a lot of old folks, he was still rockin'!!!

      Delete