Monday, September 30, 2013

The REAL 500 Best Albums Of All TIme (In My Humble Opinion) Part 2 of 100

I was recently looking at Rolling Stone's list of the best 500 albums of all time, and it really yanked my chain around for various reasons, so I decided to make my own list! Unlike Rolling Stone, on my list there will be no 'Greatest Hits' records, there will be no Bruce Springsteen records, there won't be any Kiss records, and there won't be any rap albums! MY list will only include timeless albums that were great the first time you heard them, and will still be music to your ears when you become a grandparent! My list will not be in any specific order, #1 will have the same status as #500, as they randomly come into my head. I think Rolling Stone got maybe about half of them right!

Here are five double albums that are on Rolling Stones' Top 500 list that I wholeheartedly agree with!

Derek and the Dominoes - Layla And Other Assorted Love Songs (The complementing guitars of Clapton and Duane Allman never gets old or tired)

The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Electric Ladyland! (One of THE best records ever made without a doubt)

The Minutemen - Double Nickels On The Dime (Probably the best thing that ever happened in the 80's)

The Mothers Of Invention - Freak Out! (Still amazing almost 50 years later)

The Clash - London Calling (One of my favorite records, period! It's like a history of Rock and Roll)

2 comments:

  1. Electric Ladyland is a top 5 for me! Never gets old.

    Great to see The Minutemen! I wasn't expecting that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. RH,
    If I really was forced to choose one, Electric Ladyland might be my choice for number one album of all time, because, it is basically timeless! I was fortunate enuf to see The Minutemen live a couple of months before D Boon's tragic death. I loved those guys, and the double album is just too good! Just like Jimi, God only knows what those guys would have come up with in the future!

    ReplyDelete