Sunday, September 29, 2013

The REAL 500 Best Albums Of All TIme (In My Humble Opinion) Part one of 100

I was recently looking at Rolling Stone's list of the best 500 albums of all time, and it really yanked my chain around for various reasons, so I decided to make my own list! Unlike Rolling Stone, on my list there will be no 'Greatest Hits' records, there will be no Bruce Springsteen records, there won't be any Kiss records, and there most likely won't be any rap albums! MY list will only include timeless albums that were great the first time you heard them, and will still be music to your ears when you become a grandparent! My list will not be in any specific order, #1 will have the same status as #500, as they randomly come into my head. I think Rolling Stone got maybe about half of them right, but I'm going to start off with five titles conspicuously missing from their list, and then it will go on from there when I have time! (Which means it might never get finished!)

The Firesign Theatre - How Can You Be In Two Places At Once When You're Not Anywhere At All (The Fun Never Stops)

Blind Faith (The Best Super Group ever!)

John Mayall -Bare Wires (John Lays it all Down On The Line and the music is perfect)

Procol Harum - Shine On Brightly (Maybe It was too intelligent for Rolling Stone)

Traffic - Mr. Fantasy (Nothing But Brilliance!)

2 comments:

  1. I'm not familiar with Firesign Theatre. The others are great. I'm not familiar with that paticular Mayall album, but I've been a fan for a long time. I see you have Steve Winwood twice in your first 5!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo Hound! I'm just glad at least one person is reading my list! If you don't know about the Firesign Theatre then you have some real treats in store for you in the future! It was just a twist of fate that Steve Winwood was in the first five. Like I said, this list is not in any particular order, that would just be too difficult! Who knows, as this progresses, Steve might even make it a third time considering how good the first Spencer Davis Group record was! "Bare Wires" is a brilliant album by John Mayall, maybe slightly perverted (His songs did have a penchant for young girls) but absolutely perfect otherwise, and I recommend it highly!

    ReplyDelete