Saturday, May 9, 2015

The REAL 500 Best Albums Of All Time - Part 41 of 100 - Brit Ska Etc

Well, I finally got Rolling Stone's list put in alphabetical order and I can actually see what I'm doing now, so let's get this show rolling again! 

I love SKA music, and the first wave of UK SKA was quite memorable in my opinion,
So that's why I chose The Specials first album from 1979!

The first album by The Beat in 1980 before they became The English Beat rocks from start to finish!

The Selecter's album titled "Too Much Pressure" from 1980 finishes off this trio of great SKA LPs!

From 1977, The Jam's first album titled in "In The City" rocks! I'm pretty sure I'll be including more than one album by The Jam on this list before I get done!

This is also a great album by The Members that was made in 1979 called "At The Chelsea Nightclub!" How can you go wrong with a song called "Rat Up A Drainpipe?" You can't!

2 comments:

  1. I used to have some Jam albums that I got when I bought someone's collection. Never did take the time to get into them and sold them several years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why I don't get notifications of comments on this blog any more, but I don't, so I just saw this today! The Jam was a damn fine band at times! At least you can go check them out on Youtube these days if you want to.

    ReplyDelete