Saturday, February 8, 2014

The REAL 500 Best Albums Of All Time - Part 23 of 100 (5 Albums On Rolling Stone's List That I Can't Disagree With)

From 1977, I love this record, Television - "Marquee Moon" 

Not just in the Top 500, "Disareli Gears" by Cream is probably one of the top 50 albums of all time! 

The 1968 country album by the former folk-rock psych band The Byrds, "Sweetheart Of The Rodeo" is just a really beautiful record! 

"The Harder They Come" is a great movie, but the soundtrack is even better! With songs by Jimmy Cliff, The Maytals, The Melodians, The Slickers, Scotty, and Desmond Dekker, this 1972 release is perfect from start to finish! 

There are a couple of Jimi Hendrix albums that won't be on this list but his 1967 album "Axis: Bold As Love" would be on my top 10 list too, if I had one!

2 comments:

  1. I don't really care for Axis: B a L. I had it for a while and listened to it several times, but it never grabbed me beyond a couple songs. Little Wing being one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taste is a strange thing, I guess we just disagree on this one! "One Rainy Wish," "Little Miss Lover," "Bold As Love," "Spanish Castle Magic," "Wait Until Tomorrow!" In my humble opinion, the trio were at their best!

    ReplyDelete