Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The REAL 500 Best Albums Of All Time - Part 12 of 100 (The Truth)

 There are so many great jazz albums, it's really difficult  not to treat jazz as a completely different category! For now I'll choose this 1972 double album by Cannonball Adderley! Conceptually brilliant and performed beautifully!

 Sometimes you just can't get away from records you had as a kid! This is one of the first albums I ever owned, I think The Columbia Record Club had something to do with it! If you were raised on cowboy movies and TV shows, this is the soundtrack to your life!

 I said I wasn't going to include any greatest hits LPs on this list, but sometimes there's no other choice! To me, Johnny Horton was as much a legend as Buddy Holly and Ritchie Valens!

 I got to see Loggins and Messina on their first tour when this record was first released!  They made quite an impression on me. They were truly unique at the time!

Just in case you think I only listen to 60's and 70's music! I nominate this 2000 CD by The Dickinson Brothers! They did their Daddy proud! One of the few bands I'd still like to see 'Live!'

2 comments:

  1. I've got a couple copies of the Johnny Horton album. Frankie Lane looks similar to a few others that I've got.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Hound has good taste! Those albums might look similar to Frankie's, but nobody sings like him!

      Delete